Thursday, July 24, 2008

So many decisions to make

I really don't know what to say right now. Last weekend, I met a wonderful couple, they would make wonderful parents, yet why can't I kick the feeling that they are not the ones that I'm supposed to help? I know they are not the ones, and now I have to find a way to tell them. As soon as I started to have this feeling, I recieved a call from a dear friend. She was going to be a surrogate for another couple, but things weren't working out for them at the moment (darn insurance!), and she was wondering if I was still available. I talked with this other hopeful mother-to-be and immediately fell in love. It just felt right. She wants a baby for the right reasons, her husband wants a baby equally as much, their clinic is local, but they are not. It's perfect for me. So, I'm moving forward with them. Today I need to tell couple #1 that I am sorry, I'm a terrible person, but I just can't help them. They are going to be heartbroken, but I have to go with what feels right to me.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I was in this position. I met an Im independently and I almost commited to them, but told her I wanted to meet the couple my agency thought I ould be a good match with. I really wanted to work with the agency anyways and I fell immediately in love with the IP's they matched me with. Then i had to tell the other IM I was working with another couple.

It was really really hard. Even though you know you need to do what is right for you, you still feel extremely guilty and like you are shattering someone else's dreams.

(((HUGS)))